Tuesday 19 March 2013

Aberdeen and Rattray - the East Coast

My last trip in 2012 was in December. Me and 12 other travelrabbits went to Aberdeen and to the east coast of Scotland, near Rattray. Unfortunately, we didn't have very nice weather in Aberdeen. Of course rainy days are always annoying, but for a trip to Aberdeen it's really bad, as the whole city is made of grey granite (and when I say the whole city, I really mean the WHOLE city!). When the weather is good and the sun shines onto the grey buildings, the facades sparkle and the whole city gets a magical blaze. But, if it's a grey day in the grey city, it is just depressing. I definitely will go to Aberdeen a second time when Scotland isn't so scotish - in spring. But, the trip was still amazing, as the coast near Aberdeen was a unique experience. It was windy like hell and we were at the beach, and sometimes I have the feeling I still find sand from this day in my clothes, but it was totally worth it! Once again, I found Scotland beautiful even though it fulfilled all the Scotish weather cliches. xxx Heidi




No comments:

Post a Comment