Thursday 11 April 2013

*Prestwick-Bergamo-Adventure

Now I already told you so much about my Italy trip, but I forgot to tell you how we actually got there :) It was a first little adventure...
As we are students and not very wealthy, we bought a flight from Glasgow Prestwick to Milano Bergamo that departed at 5 am in the morning. As Glasgow Prestwick has as few in common with Glasgow as Milano Bergamo with Milano (it's just called like that to confuse poor travelers ;) ), we needed to take the last train to Prestwick in the night before and sleep at the airport. The problem was that the heating in the airport didnt work and it was the frozen hell....
However, when we finally arrived in Italy, we were again in the middle of nowhere. Thanks to (unfortunately very expensive) bus connections we could finally reach Verona in just three more hours. You cannot imagine how glad I was when I finally had my first gelato in Verona ;)
It was a wee exhausting beginning for the Italy trip, but in the end totally worth it, as it was a very cheap flight and all in all a cheap holiday. xxx Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment